Benefits for People 55+
Pet companionship offers a multitude of benefits. As we age, it can contribute to a healthier outlook on life, promote a feeling of safety, and improve health – including lowering stress and blood pressure.
Every year, Purina® partners with animal welfare organizations nationwide to offer free pet adoption to eligible adopters age 55+. To cover the expenses of these free adoptions, participating shelters will be reimbursed a designated agreed-upon amount of funds each year by Purina®. Participating organizations will also be provided with official adoption certificates to offer to new pet owners in addition to coupons for Purina® cat or dog food.
- Annual enrollment for Purina® Pets For 55+ ends October 31st for the following year. Purina® will respond to all enrollment applications in December.
- Adopters must be age 55 or over to qualify for the discount. Adopters can be offered multiple discounts if adopting multiple pets.
- Depending on availability of suitable animals, eligible consumers age 55+ can adopt a puppy, dog, kitten, or cat.
- Beginning in 2013, all participating organizations are required to provide proof of promotion to maintain eligibility for renewal. Particiapating program members, please log into the web portal for details.
- Purina® Pets For 55+ is administered by participating humane organizations and funded through a partnership with the animal welfare organization, Purina® Pets For 55+ Fund, and Nestlé Purina PetCare Company.
For further information please Contact Us or call 1-877-737-7757 Option 2.
Get Your Organization Involved